Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 4!!

Day Four. Cravings are better. Mom pointed out that experimenting with making our own chai might be fun. So that was today's challenge!! Turns out, it is just a few spices with black tea, adjusted for taste! Easy Peasy. Unless you forget to turn the burner off (thinking your just going to let things steep) and you evaporate all of the water out of the pan and burn the tea and spices... Then it's not so easy peasy... Or tasty...
But the first try (where I decided that I needed to adjust the spices) was yummy!!
So I plan to try again (paying attention to the stove this time...) so that I have a yummy drink in the morning that DOESN'T cost $5... Starbucks, your stuff is great, but now that I can't have my white chocolate americano... you just aren't cutting it. Time to make my own morning jumpstart.

The big success of the day was Chocolate Mocha Mousse!!
Here's what I did: Silken tofu, agave syrup, coconut milk, vanilla extract, salt, cocoa powder, instant espresso granules, and melted semi-sweet chocolate chips. Blended together: AMAZING!!! I put it in a plastic baggie for a picnic lunch tomorrow with my mom and grandma.
Next time, I'm going to blend everything except the melted chocolate before mixing in the chocolate. Although the mini chunks that didn't fully blend in add a nice texture!!! TONS of protein, lots of flavor, and totally within my culinary restrictions. :) Happy Sarah!!!

In case you didn't know, Trader Joe's has AMAZING Rainier cherries. I mean fantastic flavor and texture!!!! Mindblowing.

 As you can see, I've devoured most of the box. Will definitely have to get some more soon. On the downside, the corn from TJ's was not nearly as good as Central Market's. I was super bummed about that. But that just means that I'll have to pick up some more at Central tomorrow when I go.

I've been really enjoying browsing recipes. Pinterest has helped, but the best resources so far have been the books I ordered a few months ago.

 The Engine 2 Diet is fascinating, and the Happy Herbivore has some AMAZING sounding recipes!!!! I've also loved browsing http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/, which has amazing recipes and ideas. All are non-dairy. And chocolate is AMAZING!! :) Which has really helped my cravings. And just knowing that I have chocolate options really helps with getting through the cravings!! I'm excited to explore more... Meanwhile, back to the chocolate mousse.... I may need another bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment